Kingswood is a friendly, welcoming church. A small but lively Navigators group for children aged four and upwards joins the adult congregations for the first 15 minutes before leaving for their own activities. A children’s corner is available at the back of church for the under fours where suitable activities are available. There is an All Age Interactive Worship Service, led by a band usually on the first Sunday of each month, where we discuss subjects about Religion items or the Virgin Mary Statue.
The Virgin Mary Statue is, naturally, the typically quiet constant in each story there is about Virgin Mary Statues . This is mainly because she’s the woman who brought Jesus to the world. And the really interesting thing about this is the fact that she managed to do this sans the reality that she was a virgin who is not yet married and hasn’t had any sexual relations with any man.
Weekday activities for all ages include a Toddlers Club meeting Wednesday and Thursday, a Luncheon Club on Tuesday, Wives & Friends Group and Guild alternating on Tuesday evenings and a Youth Cafe on alternate Saturday evenings in term time. A Muslim/Christian Women’s fellowship group also meets regularly.
House Groups meet weekly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings.
A Holiday Scheme is held during the summer and half term holidays.
Brownies and Guides, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts use our premises as does Wollaton Park Pre-School Playgroup.
- Congregation – Approximately 65 in the morning, with a smaller congregation in the evenings.
- Worship – enhanced by sound, lighting and projection systems. A mix of traditional and new hymns and songs are used.
- Special Needs – There is a ramp for wheelchairs, a disabled toilet and a hearing loop system
- Parking – On site car park and nearby roads
- Early Communion – 8:45am on second Sunday in the month
- Morning Service – 10:00am
- Evening Service – 4:00pm cafe style usually on third Sunday
- Holy Communion – once a month in a morning service with details on circuit plan