Lenton has a small but friendly and welcoming congregation. People are pleased to get to know new folks, so do stay for a cup of tea and a chat after the service! There are a mixture of age ranges, with some young families and some older members. During the University term time, there are between ten and fifteen students attending worship, some of whom are involved in a Sunday night fellowship group which all are welcome to attend.
The church is also the home of the “Red Door Centre” for students. This is a project which aims to “build a student christian community” in Lenton, doing so by involving the students in the life of the church, and providing opportunities for them to get to know one another.
- Congregation – Approx 30-40 in a morning service.
- Junior Church – There is a small but active Junior Church.
- Bible – The “NIV” Bible is used.
- Worship – Hymns and Songs from “Hymns and Psalms and “Mission Praise”.
- Special Needs – Ramp for Wheelchair access, Hearing Aid loop, large print books.
- Parking – No onsite facilities, but parking on quiet resedential streets nearby.
There are lots of other opportunities to get involved in the life of the church! Come along on a Sunday, or get in contact to find out more!
Morning Service – 10.30am
Monthly Evening Service – 6.30pm
Holy Communion is as announced.
The monthly Evening Service is a Taize service.